Most stalking is done by someone known to the victim, such as a current or former partner. Yet some victims are stalked by complete strangers.
跟踪 can include a wide array of behaviors:
- Does someone always seem to be just around the corner when you are going to work, are out with 朋友s, or in your neighborhood?
- Does someone keep making unwanted phone calls to your home or work?
- Do you find signs that someone has been in or near your home, 你的车, or your workplace when you were not there?
- Are you receiving repeated letters, 礼物, 卡片, social media posts and/or emails even though you told the sender to stop sending them?
- Has someone tried to get information about you from a third person like a family member, 朋友, 或同事?
- Is someone posting information or spreading rumors about you on the internet, 在公共场所, or by word of mouth?
There is help in your community.